[thelist] CF and Cybercash

Erik Goodlad erik at stirlingbridge.com
Tue Mar 20 13:53:25 CST 2001

As far as your 2nd problem (ID 'XX' is already in Cybercash's records).

We were having this same problem with a project.  We were sending the ID of
our CUSTOMER table to cybercash.  And when the user would renew their
subscription, they would get this error.

We fixed this by adding a TRANSACTIONS table.  So whenever the CFX_CYBERCASH
was used, it created it's own record in the TRANSACTIONS table, with the
record being assigned to the customer, and sent the TRANSACTIONS ID to
CFX_CYBERCASH.

This also allowed us to track the status and error codes sent back by the
CFX_CYBERCASH on each transaction.

If there was ever a report of a problem with someone entering in their CC
info, we could look up their transaction history and usually debug the
problem.

Hope this helps,

Erik Goodlad
The Stirling Bridge Group, LLC
*We Engineer Internet Business Solutions*
TEL: (949) 707-1534   FAX: (949) 707-1535