[thelist] Is this possible?

Matt Wenham matt at mattwenham.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 10:37:32 CST 2001

> A well designed Flash movie will stream just fine on a 56K, even with
> audio - any particular reason they want it to be cached?

I think the pertinent point - and the part I don't think is possible
with HTTP - is that they want to pause the download if a link is clicked
and another page starts to download, i.e. downloading the Flash file
only uses 'spare' bandwidth.

> The fact that they wanted to do it server side tells me they are in
> need of some gentle counciling whether they know it or not.

I'm working on that myself :-)

Thanks for your input.

Matt...