[thelist] Clients up dating their site, no response

Lisa Frost lisa at koolfish.com
Thu Mar 22 21:13:49 CST 2001

Hi,
I sent the following message three digests ago and only received one
response off list, thanks David for that. Can anyone else offer any advice:

I wrote:
The situation, I have to speak to a client next week and I have a feeling
that they are going to ask for one of their site sections to be able to be
updated by themselves. I am guessing that they want to be able to upload
either pdfs, excel spread sheets and word documents. I want to know what I
am talking about when I explain to them their options for doing this.
Can something be set up by a non-programmer like myself to handle this?
If I need to hire someone to do this part of the website what should I be
asking a programmer to do?
In the past I have always handled updates by getting the client to send me
the docs and I upload them myself. Most of my work is small sites. This
client though is a financial firm in New York and I think they would rather
do it themselves and anyway its a chance to learn something new.

David suggested a CMS, would this be expensive? Is there any point when it
will probably be only 3 docs a month? Suggestions for which CMS to use ?

Should I set up a template if they have the software and let them edit it?

Or do I have to go down some programming track?

Thanks, Lisa.

<tip "type=photoshop">
Shortcuts for the layers palette

      To select bottom layer: