[thelist] Disability Web Access Policy

Baker, Nick BakerN at mso.umt.edu
Fri Mar 23 09:59:24 CST 2001

Listers:
	I've moved to a new position, and am now responsible for developing
an institution-wide policy, and implementing a process, that will render all
of The University of Montana's ~500 web sites (containing, we estimate,
~5,000 pages) accessible to people with disabilities.
	To those of you who responded to an earlier request for web access
resources: Thanks--I am in the process of compiling the resource list I
promised.
	Now I am looking for examples of institutional accessibility
policies and implementation plans. If you have written or know of any I'd be
grateful if you would share them--I'll share ours as it develops, and let
anyone interested know how this process goes on our campus. I have found
several good university sites/policies via google, and I am trying to
connect with the perpetrators: I'd really like to have another brain or
three off of which to bounce ideas.
	TheList may not be the best venue for sharing this information. If
there is a focused list dealing with institutional access issues, we could
move this discussion there--but I m not aware of one. Another approach might
be to set up e-mail distribution lists of those interested.
	Anyway, I'm hoping I am not the only one working on this kind of
project. If you are interested, contact me on or off list.
			Thanks,
			Nick

Nick Baker
Web Access Officer