[thelist] Certification

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri Mar 23 16:49:00 CST 2001

as far as 'creative' tests like photoshop and graphics in general, i
don't think thats really brainbenches forte.. as for things like SQL, C,
Java, etc - the more 'disciplined and rigid' skills - they're a
nice(although of course, never perfect) measuring stick to see how well
you really understand more rigid things like that. i mean, theres a
shitload of ways to go about creating an image that has a drop shadow,
bevel, etc in RGB mode(i know nothing about photoshop as you can see :)
in a graphics program, but only two or three good ways of doing a
subselect on a 3 table join in SQL.

i guess its the whole right brain/left brain thing :)

.djc.