[thelist] phpMyAdmin for dummies...

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Sat Mar 24 08:58:31 CST 2001

> oh hi :)
>
> in times of Extreme Busyness(tm) I activate the 'djc/dan' filter for
> thelist in messenger so only posts with my name in them come to the
> surface.. lucky you ;)

Man, I'm so glad I know that now...
To be safe... djc ! :)

> reading back in the thread, it sounds like you need to edit your php.ini
> file(no clue where it is on win32 myself).. find it, edit it, and look
> for the variable:
>
> magic_quotes_gpc
>
> set that to 'on' and see if that helps.. I had the same prob on Unix
> with phpMyAdmin and that fixed it for me :)
>
> Shout if that doesn't work and we'll dig deeper :)

Rats, that didn't do it, magic quotes were already on...on a wild guess I
also turned runtime maic quotes on, to no avail.

But I fixed it...how purely amazing! I was about 30 minutes into writing
more about the problem so that you could dig deeper for me, which was
essentially me digging deeper for myself. Thats what I love about this list!
Even if the solution isn't directly available through the list, it is likely
available just wafting about in the ether of the list...

I changed the value for the upload directory to this:
upload_tmp_dir = C:\\PHP\\uploadtemp\\  ; temporary directory for HTTP
uploaded files (will use system default if not specified)

And that did it...my table has been populated from the .csv!!

YAY!

thanks Evolt,
John Corry
sore from boarding awesome spring conditions at Santa Fe ski area all day
yesterday!