[thelist] text heading looks different in IE/NN

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 13:31:42 CST 2001

>http://home.twcny.rr.com/prowak/CDRWTech.html#
>
>The headings throughout this page, such as
>"Disc-At-Once (DAO) Recording", appear differently
>when viewed with IE5 and NN4.7.

That's because <FONT SIZE=5> isn't exactly the same in both browsers, nor is
font-size: large. If you want it to be exactly the same in all browsers,
dump the FONT tag and use pixels as unit in your style sheet.

>With NN4.7, after the heading, a blank line appears
>before the text in the paragraph.  Why does that show
>up that way?

Not sure, but I think it's the text-align: left in the style sheet that
makes Netscape decide the SPAN is a block level element. Since it isn't
necessary anyway (default is left) I advise you to remove it.

ppk