[thelist] AOL and eBay merging??

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 26 01:09:58 CST 2001

> From: "Ray Hill" <lists at prydain.com>
[...]
> A little while later, the UI/URL had gome back to the usual eBay
> style, but the ebay.aol.com URL still worked (and still does, as of
> this writing).

doesn't imply anything either way, but interesting nonetheless:

eBay auction site experiences problems
http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/03/25/ebay.down/index.html

[...]
"Some members may be experiencing intermittent availability of
the eBay site," read an announcement on the Web site, posted at
6:49 p.m. (9:49 p.m. ET). "We are working as quickly as possible
to restore accessibility."

Posted alerts indicated the Web site was unavailable for nearly 40
minutes Sunday afternoon. The problem was fixed around 5:32
p.m., eBay said, but some pages were still "intermittently
unavailable" to users.
[...]
Company officials were not immediately available for comment.