[thelist] Strange AOL related error.

Charles Roper reachme at charlesroper.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 08:15:38 CST 2001

> There's no problem here. I have just accessed the site using AOL version 6
> on a Win98 PC with MSIE 5.5.

Thanks Marc, I guess that rules out one possibility.

> I never have understood the sweeping "Ugh" statements about this
> ISP.

It wasn't supposed to be a sweeping statement - just a personal opinion. I
know lots of people who are very happy with AOL. It's just that wretched
Connie woman on the adverts here in the UK... She's enough to make anyone
puke. Ugh!

;)

<tip type="typography">
One of the best books on typography I have ever read is Robert Bringhurst's
"The Elements of Typographic Style". It's primarily aimed at the print
medium, but there's tons of stuff you can apply to web typography in there -
particularly if you're using CSS.

It's beautifully written and is one of those books you'll refer to time and
time again.
</tip>

-Charles Roper