[thelist] Strange AOL related error.

Charles Roper reachme at charlesroper.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 10:42:33 CST 2001

> > 3. They are behind a caching firewall that does *not* bother to
> > read meta tags, and thus often delivers obsolete content. (It also
> > does not support HTTP/1.1
>
> There's your answer, caller...  almost-client may have
> a web server which is only serving HTTP 1.1

I considered this, but the server (NT/IIS) is serving other sites to AOL
users properly. Looking at the stats for one particular site on the same
server, it's saying nearly 40% of visitors are using AOL. So I don't see how
that could be the problem.

I'm beginning to think the problem might be with psuedo-client's computer.
Or perhaps a very old version of AOL?

Trouble is, I can't easily get at their computer as I'm about 150 miles away
from them and I'm doing all this through the frontpage using and rather
clueless (but still a nice guy) designer.

-Charles Roper