WinMe/2k (was Re: [thelist] IE 6.0 beta in browser archive...

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 26 13:32:27 CST 2001

> From: "T.Abbey" <Abbey at abbeyink.com>
>
> ummm, gulp -- too late! Now, how do I go about getting Win98 or Win2k
> since my nifty new (o.k., refurb) is on it's way complete with Win Me
> (which I didn't want, but like you noted, it comes that way)??

you don't have to change it... you can probably fly along without
any problems for all i know... but in my case, and also on the Lyris
Photoshop list, i've seen lots of problems with ME and PS...

i'd say just use it as-is... if you find that the system isn't performing
as well as you'd like, then you can worry... at that point, make sure
an upgrade/downgrade is worth the hassle/price, and then set
aside a weekend (after you get all the drivers and archive all your
list email) to rebuild that baby...

but i wouldn't recommend dumping it as soon as you get it, at least
not on my recommendation alone...