[thelist] Let's Discuss Ecommerce Enabled Sites...

Jen Worden jen at meadoworks.com
Tue Mar 27 11:06:00 CST 2001

At 11:08 PM 26/03/01 -0500, Michele Foster wrote:
>  One final thought for the
>Canadians, what happens in provinces that have HST (harmonized tax - instead
>of provincial and federal tax).  Do those clients charge the full HST
>amount, or just the GST portion to clients ordering outside of their
>province?  And, isn't it Alberta (?) that still has taxes included in their
>prices?

Michelle,

My understanding is that you only have to pay tax where you are located. In
other words, regardless of *where* the store originates,  I have to pay
HST, being from NS.

Amounts :
NS, NB, NFLD - 15%

PEI, QC, ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, NWT, YT -7%

Hope that helps!

cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden - Web Developer
meadoworks - http://www.meadoworks.com