[thelist] Simple question: Checkboxes or Check Boxes

Ryan Finley RyanF at SonicFoundry.com
Tue Mar 27 17:33:31 CST 2001

Oh, I was just writing up some copy...and I was trying to be anal about the
correct grammar.

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: McCreath_David [mailto:McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 5:25 PM
To: 'thelist at lists.evolt.org'
Subject: RE: [thelist] Simple question: Checkboxes or Check Boxes

>From: Ryan Finley
>OK, how about "Text Box" vs. "Textbox"?

(trim, trim, trim, trim, trim <- all subliminal!)

Ryan --

If you're talking about code, both checkbox and textbox are one word.

I could see using "text box" and "check box" in a generic sense refering to
forms (like describing available options for form input in a proposal), but
I think it's pretty safe to say that you could go with "textbox" or
"checkbox" in an Interenet- or web-related environment.

What's your situation?