[thelist] Banner Ads

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Wed Mar 28 12:05:41 CST 2001

Walker,

   I'm creating a forums type of application, and am thinking of using
banner ads for part of the revenue stream.  The content will be focused
based on the forum the user is reading.  I will be keeping track of usage
per user, and will store to which forums the users subscribe. I do not plan
on gathering demographics, though.  For example, I'll be able to target CF
developers, or Java developers, or doctors, or job-seekers.  I won't be able
to target 25-35 year old females who make between $25,000-$35,000 a year.

I can handle the banner rotation and tracking ( its another of the products
we sell), but have no idea how to price or find advertisers.

Any help is appreciated,

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com