[thelist] NS6 radio buttons bug

Erika Chang echang at redhotchips.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 04:02:03 CST 2001

>> collection of radio
>> elements includes *all* of the radio elements, not just the
>> checked ones, so
>>     Without going to the effort to skim through the ECMAScript
>> documentation, I would say that this has to be buggy behavior
>> -- a matter of
>> the "checked" value being updated out of sync with the
>> onclick event. It's

Try putting a setTimeout when calling the testRadio function, eg:

<input type="radio" name="radio1" value="value1" onclick="setTimeout('testRadio()',3)">

Seems like this version of NS6 select the 2nd selected option first before turning off the 1st selected option selected & the radio input onclick event is firing right between NS6 turning on 2nd selected option & turning off 1st selected option.

If the 'testRadio()' is called on submit or on clicking a submit button, there seem to be no problem either.