[thelist] Cold Fusion?

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Thu Mar 29 10:29:04 CST 2001

Hi all,

What do I *have* to have in order to just try Cold Fusion to see if I would be
interested in learning it?

I know I need a hoster that supports CF, but do I *have* to buy Cold Fusion
Studio in order to try programming with it? I don't want to spend $500 bucks on
something that may easily be thrown on the heap of Perl, Javascript, and Java
programming books I have given up on ;)

I'm more inclined to the graphic design/layout/HTML side of web site
development, but I'd like to get some kind of programming language under my
belt. Since I've only recently begun working with the NT server platform (I have
been all *NIX since I started designing), I am looking into the ASP language.
However, I am seeing 'Cold Fusion' popping up alot, and am somewhat interested
in it. I've got a gist of what it is, but confused on the tools needed.

BTW, any "CF for dummies" type tutorial links or any sites that are somewhat
like cgi-resources.com (only with CF apps) would be much appreciated ;)

Thanks,
Gina