[thelist] PS 6.0 Guide Weirdness (Was PS 5.0 Snap to Guide)

Tommy Martin tommy at vertebrate.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 11:01:29 CST 2001

Ben Dyer <ben_dyer at imaginuity.com> wrote:
>And in a related question, has anybody else had problems with
>getting PS6 to accurately snap to the guides?  I've been cutting
>apart images and I'll look closely and sometimes, the selection will
>have snapped to one pixel off to the left.  Has anyone else realized
>this, this is a very odd problem.  The same situation always worked
>fine in PS5.  Is there a fix for this?

I've had hours of fun with this. It seems that guides in PS6 can be
set at less than one pixel increments, but the marque tool always
jumps to the nearest whole pixel (regardless of whether snap is on or
off). I don't know if there's a fix as such, but I've found that the
Slice tool doesn't have these problems with accuracy. If guides are
really essential the only way I've found around the problem is to
zoom into 1600%, turn on the grid and manually check that those pesky
guides aren't sitting between pixels. Not exactly ideal.

One for the PS lists, I think...

Tommy

--
V e r t e b r a t e . co . uk