[thelist] Beginning Cold fusion

Mark Smyth mark.smyth at systemsunion.net
Thu Mar 29 11:09:25 CST 2001

Gina

CF is quick to learn because its tag based like HTML and you don't need cold
fusion studio, you can use notepad or any text editor you want.

But you will need cold fusion server, which processes all coldfusion
requests.  Basically this sits next to the web server but only process cold
fusion.  But its easy to install and use.

Evaluation copies of cold fusion studio and server are available for a 30
day trial.  And i'm reasonably sure that you can obtain development copies
of the server which will only work on your machine.
(You can download evaluation copies from here
http://allaire11.allaire.com/download/)

The best bet would be to get Ben Forta's book, "The coldfusion web
application construction kit", which has a CD with the software on it, and
with the book as well (more or less a CF bible) you'll be all set to get
started.

Install the server (and studio too if you wish), create an ODBC connection
to a database in the server administrator (i'll talk you through this if you
need me too) and you'll be ready to roll

If you need anymore help or advice just let me know
Mark

Mark Smyth
Developer
Systems Union e-Business Solutions