[thelist] Cold Fusion?

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Thu Mar 29 11:26:00 CST 2001

Gina,

> Cool, I was hoping that was the case--so what is CF Studio then? If I get
> interested in developing with it seriously, what would buying the software
do
> for me? I do have HomeSite, what CF help does it give you? All I use HS
for is
> cleaning up HTML code by hand and searches--I use DW to layout sites
visually,
> so I don't delve into HS's offerings too much.

Studio gives you the benefit of help right away via the F1 key for any tag
on the screen. Additionally, there is onscreen help with the parameters for
functions, like in Interdev.  Additionally, there are tag dialogs that you
can activate that will help you fill in a tag quickly.

The most favorable feature of Studio is the RDS (Remote Data Source) support
that lets you easily view databases and search directories on the remote
server.  If you are developing locally this feature will not be beneficial.

BTW, does anybody know if there is going to be any improvement to the
directory navigation and management via RDS in studio?  Right now it is
*very* buggy with refresh issues and integrity.

-joshua