[thelist] PS 6.0 Guide Weirdness (Was PS 5.0 Snap to Guide)

Kyle Smeby kyle at a-s-i.com
Thu Mar 29 11:44:55 CST 2001

> If guides are
> really essential the only way I've found around the problem is to
> zoom into 1600%, turn on the grid and manually check that those pesky
> guides aren't sitting between pixels. Not exactly ideal.

Just to add to this less than ideal solution, if you hold down the shift key
the guide will snap to the first available tick on the ruler along side the
document.  Still less than ideal, but a little help.

Another option is to use ImageReady which also used to have this flaw, but
after upgrading to PS 6.0.1 it went away.

    later,

        kyle