[thelist] email archives (was How to NOBR? / Evolt search)

Janice Tocher janice at discoverysystems.com
Thu Mar 29 15:17:11 CST 2001

on 3/29/01 3:06 PM, you wrote:

> yeah, the search is rough... it generally does the trick for me,
> though... i also have a habit of searching my own mail archives
> first... but i've also been on this list for... well.. ever...

Well, haven't been on the list quite for... ever, but find the discussions
much too valuable to discard. As such, due to saving evolt and so many other
messages I keep in case I need to reference them later my poor Outlook
message file is at 184 MB and growing. This makes the program load and close
like molasses.
Have done a search for an email archive solution (on Macintosh) - have found
a FileMaker Pro option, but only works with Eudora. Anyone know of a good
email archive application that works in conjunction with Outlook?

TIA for your suggestions,
Janice