[thelist] email archives (was How to NOBR? / Evolt search)

Ron Thigpen rthigpen at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 30 09:03:42 CST 2001

A good practice with large Netscape Comm. mail folders is to define archive
folders.  NC will store these as separate files on disk
(Netscape/Users/username/Mail/mail-folder-name)  This fact greatly speeds up loading
and shutdown.  I suppose if it got really bad (and 1.2 Gb may well be really bad...)
you could set up a new NC user profile and move the archives to that user's Mail
folder.  Kind of inconvenient if you check them often, but it would definitely clean
things up.

--rt