[thelist] what do you use to create code from layout?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 1 22:24:30 CDT 2001

> From: "ted serbinski" <tss24 at cornell.edu>
>
> question everyone.

i do that, and they look at me funny...

> simply when you design a site and layout in your favorite graphics
> program (say fireworks or photoshop) ... what tools do you use to
> transform this layout into code that you can fix and than tweak?

ok, dirty little secret... whenever i do pixel-precise layout (usually
just an element of a page, not an entire page), i'll use ImageReady
to output that section to HTML, and then go in and hand-tweak
both the code and the images... i chop the images up when they
can be trimmed and i tweak the code to match the house style
(add alts, change order of attributes, fix indenting, etc.)... after that,
it's all good and you'd never know it wasn't hand-coded...

however, that being said, i would never openly promote the use of
tools like this to handle *everything*... they make bloated pages
with no accessibility features... and to further annoy you with my
opinions:

To Hell With Bad Editors
http://www.evolt.org/article/editors/25/6096/index.html