[thelist] Northpoint???? (Chicago)

matt newell matt at sweetillusions.org
Mon Apr 2 11:06:00 CDT 2001

being a s.f. user of northpoint, it's hard to hold anything against the
isp (at least mine) as they've been up front and very supportive (i'm not
counting my free dialup connection as a parting gift though).

basically reality is this:

say you "quit" your isp and service cuz they suck and went under and
screwed you.

well,that's fine, cept you're already on re-order with another provider
for a different loop provider (whomever that maybe in your actual area).

so if you leave your isp, you'll have to get back in line, at the end this
time, and wait till all the northpoint kids are back up, then YOU /may/
get service in the next 2-3 months.

a modem sux, but its free -- and if they don't have any actual servers
behind those dsl accts, bite the bullet and go for ricochet.

or we could start the dual modeming joke of win98? :)

grinning and bearing,

	.. matt

	.. www.sweetillusions.org
	.. matt at sweetillusions.org

	.. in our madness evermore we rave - chaucer