[thelist] Remote NT administration

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Mon Apr 2 12:08:45 CDT 2001

> >we lean on pcAnywhere here, and it does everything we need
> it to do....
>
> On a related note, how do you all handle security with these
> things? We have

The ports pcAnywhere uses are documented, so you can control them as you
would control any other port access through the firewall/proxy. On top of
that, pcAnywhere does provide encryption of data going back and forth (why
the freeware isn't a good idea --there's no encryption), and multiple
security models for authenticating users, including leaning on the domain
the host sits on.

sgd