[thelist] Security Tip

Ron Thigpen rthigpen at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 3 10:58:56 CDT 2001

Well, except for the names of all of your included .cfm files, which can be invoked
directly by their URL, and which, unless you were careful, probably don't have their
own security/exclusion code included in their headers...

No matter how you look at it, this is a huge, gaping hole.  It is also a hole with
well known patches.  There is no reason and no justification for anyone leaving it
unpatched once they know about it.  And there is very little in the way of excuse
for a reasonably on-the-ball server admin not to be aware of this after all this
time.

--rt