[thelist] ColdFusion question

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Tue Apr 3 21:00:35 CDT 2001

jeff wrote:

> easy, just get the email template from the database, use cffile to write it
> out to a file, open <cfmail> <cfinclude> the newly written file and then
> close the </cfmail>.  the included template gets parsed, coldfusion tags get
> executed and everything's cool.

Except that the overhead for something like this is fairly substantial and
there are problems with CFFile under Win2K and under Windows in general.

I think that what you need to do is re-evaluate what you are storing in the
database.  Why not just store the data and then dynamically build a cfmail
statement from the data. CF is great at doing this sort of evaluation.

--

       Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra
       and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you

       email: zac at director-online.com
       WWW: http://www.director-online.com/