[thelist] Industry Associations

the head lemur headlemur at qwest.net
Wed Apr 4 11:55:03 CDT 2001

> Speaking of Industry Associations ... Do you all belong to one and if so,
> which one?

 Evolt!

If there is anything that can be pointed to as an organization for
developers, This Is It. You need a hand? Code uglies? Design questions?

Trust me. If you can't get an answer here, you don't need it.

Webstandards.org

I belong to the Wasp so that we can get the people who just surf the
web,(and there are folks who just do that, i know it's weird, but there you
are) the best experience we are able to provide from the things we learn
here.

Both of these non membership, non profit, organizations in having minimal
structure, and a free form organization are the best vehicles for our
industry(using that term loosely:) as our 'thing' which is a moving target,
changing hourly, and is constantly evolving, creating a dynamic flux which,
just about the time you could actually come up with a structure, would be
superceeded, outdated and quaint by the time you had the ink dry on
membership cards.