[thelist] Fireworks 4 Popup Menus

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Wed Apr 4 13:37:13 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boerner, Brian J" <brian.j.boerner at lmco.com>

> we noticed that these FW menus are buggy in a cache-eating way and MM-FWs
> s/w engineering guys said they'd look into it and provide a fix...

I think I read something about Fireworks 4.02 [or something similar] that
improves them. But it means redoing the work in FW.

> these menus are a pain in the long run and I would suggest *not* using
DHTML
> if you can re-think setting up the site without them........ You'll be
> forever be chasing fixes for different browsers

Its a pity really as I've seen similar DHTML menus working in Opera (such as
the ones on http://cross-browser.com/). I've slightly reworked it now so
that the menu titles link to menu pages for browsers that dont support the
menus. More investigation needed methinks...

Cheers,

Olly