[thelist] Do women view web pages differently from men?

Green, Janet JGreen at DesMoinesMetro.com
Thu Apr 5 13:47:15 CDT 2001

My gut instinct says, YES I think this could be an important factor. In
"other walks of life" men are notoriously more image/graphic oriented. This
is one big reason why erotica is so different for different sexes: men flock
to the magazines for the photos (I think all that talk about "excellent
articles" is smoke-and-mirrors), while women flock to escapist ("romance")
novels. Now of course there are men who enjoy a good story, and women who
appreciate a good visual - but generally speaking, I've heard over and over
that men are visual, women are textual.  I'm sorry I don't have any real
sources to back this up (except perhaps for the widely quoted "Men are from
Mars, Women are From Venus" book??), it's just the sense I get from all the
stuff I've read and heard over the last ten or so years.

>>>...it was because they were both MEN and that women would be
more likely to read what was in front of them... and I thought... could this
be true, and would evoltistas and evoltisteros have anything to say about