[thelist] Do women view web pages differently from men?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Apr 5 14:04:40 CDT 2001

Fortune Elkins wrote:
> >utterly unable to 'see' any text links
>
> funny. i have here an article where the head usability guy from yahoo sez
> all his tests show that users can't see buttons, they see only text links!
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2000/12/11/technology/11SIMP.html

And how do we resolve these kinds of conflicts?

We must TEST!

No amount of theory and speculation can match the pure hellish
wonderfulness (testing is crucial, but painful) of actually testing
designs to see how users can understand and misunderstand them.
Sometimes you can use their misunderstandings to your advantage.

I say again:

	- Joe "beating a dead horse" Crawford
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com