[thelist] Illustrator printing: color to edge of screen?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Fri Apr 6 11:38:23 CDT 2001

Johannah Hubal wrote:
> I'm a rank amateur at Illustrator, and am trying to print something out with
> a background color. It's giving me a white margin all the way around. Will
> someone take pity on me and tell me how to take the margin away? I've been
> looking through all the menus all day, and there's nothing in my books that
> I can find. =(

That sounds like a limitation of the printer. The reason for the margin
is that the printer needs some portion of the paper to grab a hold of to
run it under the print apparatus.

My suggestion, get thee to a papercutter and slice it to simulate it
going all the way to the edge.

This is assuming I'm understanding your issue.

	- Joe
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com