[thelist] regexp question - backpedalling on macIE5

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Apr 6 15:13:40 CDT 2001

ahem.
Anyone know what's up with MacIE5 and the RegExp object?
Maybe it's some entirely unrelated error, but when I try this page:

http://www.sam-i-am.com/misc/TestSuite/javascript/regexp_properties.html

which is based closely on an example taken from MS's documentation:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/doc/jsobjRegExp.htm

..MacIE5 shows no indication of knowing what RegExp.lastMatch,
rightContext (etc) is?
Yet, apparently MacIE5 has the same javascript/jscript/ecmascript
support as WinIE5
http://wildtofu.com/resources/mac-ie/#4

It does show me lastIndex, so I can workaround if I have to... but I
fail to understand why the regexp support would differ, when the
javascript engine is a straight port of that in WinIE?

Sam