[thelist] [thelist digest] Authoring CD to autorun in Mac - PC guy needs help.

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Sat Apr 7 18:10:19 CDT 2001

The only way I've been able to do this is to burn the CD using Toast
on a Mac. The problem is that CDEverywhere doesn't actually seem to
write the type/creator information. In fact, I haven't really seen a
single PC CD burning application that correctly burned Mac CDs.

Yours is probably burning an ISO9660 CD without the Apple extensions
to the standard.

If you DO use Toast (on the Mac) you can specify Mac and PC sides and
take care of all of that. And you can set a file to "autoplay" on
insert. Note this won't work if the user has CD Autoplay turned off,
but then, it wouldn't on a PC either.

Hope this helps - find a Mac with Toast and burn it there. If anyone
DOES have a PC solution for burning hybrid CDs that works, great. I'd
like to know. Then I could buy a good CDRW for my PC and make it
useful (do all my work on a Mac but use a PC for a storage server ;)

Jake