[thelist] JavaScript -- calculating & printing

Lauri Vain optima at hot.ee
Mon Apr 9 18:00:44 CDT 2001

Hello again,

I changed to onsubmit to onchange and it works fine on
http://www.tharapita.com/metric.htm. What I'm concerned about, however, is that
when I enter meters and the calculation will be made then the meters will not be
calculated out any more. In other words -- the metric calculation comes first
and is dominant about the feet calculation.

You enter the value "1" into the meter field. First the meter field will be
changed to "0.9999999999999999" instead of the 1 I entered. Then the calculation
is made and a value will be given to the feet field.
When I go to the feet field after that and change the feet value then the old
value will be calculated again based on the input in the metric field.

How could the script be modified so it would accept input from the feet field
after a value has been added to the metric field and the calculation has been
made?

Thanks!
Lauri