[thelist] xml and coldfusion

Cedric Wooding cedric at torchbox.com
Tue Apr 10 03:06:20 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Essentially I have an XML packet like the one below.

<article_objects>
<thumbnail id = "32:4" height = "44" name = "my pic">test.jpg</thumbnail>
<thumbnail id = "32:5" height = "45" name = "my poc">tost.jpg</thumbnail>
<headline id = "32:6">we are famous now</headline>
</article_objects>

I want to say 'delete the thumbnail with id 32:5'. So using the element name
and id attribute I would like to remove that element from the XML packet.
But I don't seem to be able to get it to work. I was wondering if you had
any suggestions about how to approach this. Whether to use a removeChild /
removeAll / removeNode / removeElement method or how to select the
appropriate element. I am doing it all in ColdFusion - does this cause any
limitations?

I would appreciate any help you could give on the matter.
many thanks

Cedric Wooding
cedric at torchbox.com
http://www.torchbox.com