[thelist] ASP & SQL SELECT Query - comparing dates

Elfur Logadottir elfur at members.evolt.org
Tue Apr 10 10:19:36 CDT 2001

From: "Bob Davis" <bobd at members.evolt.org>

| You could try a sub query.
|
| select * from table
| where date is (select TOP 1 date from table)
| order by time desc

this sounded really good, so I went and tried but again: no such luck.
this time the error is :

Invalid use of Is operator in query expression 'date is (select TOP 1
date from table order by date)'

so I tried changing 'is' to 'like' and then I got this:

"At most one record can be returned by this subquery"

which is fine by me, since the subquery is only supposed to return one
record. but still I can't get rid of that error.

<sigh>

thanks for the help bob

elfur
*the one*