[thelist] Paying for content (was "a miscellany of links")

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Tue Apr 10 10:44:11 CDT 2001

I agree - the biggest problem with micropayments is accounting.  Keeping
track of all those little payments all over the place is the main reason
that micropayments will never take off.

I do see a possible million-dollar idea, though, in micropayments.  A
micropayment aggregator.  For example, I pay $50 a month to my aggregator.
My aggregator then pays my subscription fees and micropayments.  The web
sites I visit are happy because they are paid for their content, I'm happy
because I don't have to worry about all those little payments.  And as long
as my monthly payment is more than my micropayments, the aggregator is
happy.

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com