[thelist] Dreamweaver deletes my tags

Bart Posselt BPOSSELT at dineout.org
Wed Apr 11 12:26:45 CDT 2001

Are you using templates? I've had some problems using DW templates with dropdowns.

My problem is that when I update files that use a template which includes a dropdown, the onclick code is dropped. It's still there in the template, but it gets stripped out in the updated files. And it's not the encire onclick code. It's whatever's between the single quote marks.

Multiple e-mails to Macromedia and other lists/discussion boards were useless.

Bart

>>> John.Bedard at trw.com 04/11/01 01:10PM >>>
Can anyone tell me why Dreamweaver 4 deletes my </head> and <body> tags? When I manually insert them back in, DW highlights them as invalid markup.

My files still display in the browser but I'm initializing a dropdown menu in the body tag, so it doesn't fire off.

Thanks,

John