[thelist] Info for High School Students

Bart Posselt BPOSSELT at dineout.org
Wed Apr 11 15:00:15 CDT 2001

I think I'd talk about two things:

First, teamwork and how it takes several people with different backgrounds and skills (art, programming, writing, sysadmin, whatever) to get the job done.

Second, the tools and the vast array of choices out there. Like how cheap and easy it is to get started with just Notepad, but how necessary and valuable (and expensive) Photoshop/Illustrator and more advanced stuff are.

Bart

>>> zam at toto.net 04/11/01 03:50PM >>>
Greetings All,

I was just contacted by a local high school, to come and talk to a class
about web design.

These kids apparently are wanting to learn how to build "professional" web
sites.

I have a few ideas about some topics I'd like to cover with them, but I was
wondering what anyone else, given the opportunity would discuss?

Thanks in advance!

Kathy