[thelist] UK Hosting Recommendations...

Mike King mike.king at redroom.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 06:07:31 CDT 2001

NT or *nix? I'm playing with MySQL on WinNT and it seems OK. PHP on the
other hand, is a bit leaky  =)

There's loads about, and many people will have horror and fairy stories.
Try ringing the companies up (if they don't have a sales/support line steer
well clear!!) and ask them all your questions over the phone, if the person
the other end is as responsive as a brick try another one etc. etc...

They'll pretty much offer the same as each other. Think ahead, to if the
site may ever need PGP, SSL etc... ask if they can and how much.

Cheers
mk