[thelist] Macromedia Fireworks

Linda Rathgeber lightly at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 12 12:45:00 CDT 2001

Tobyn Baugher wrote:

> I notice that when I have a 1 pixel outline using the pencil, I get jagged
> edges a lot, even when using the "soft" outline.
>
> Is there a way to get Fireworks to antialias everything real pretty like?

You'll get a nicer result if you use a Basic > Soft Rounded stroke. One
of the problems with 1 pixel lines, no matter which program you are
using, is the obvious stair stepping across the pixels of you screen at
low resolutions, like the 72 ppi used for Web work. It's the nature of
the beast. It's especially obvious when the angle is deeper or shallower
than 45 degrees. You can further soften the appearance of the lines by
drawing them against a background color that is in the same family as
the color of your lines.

Best regards,
Linda R.
Macromedia Evangelist