[thelist] CSS: Unix and font sizes

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Apr 13 15:31:08 CDT 2001

> I just tried using relative fonts on my site, and the size difference
> in IE and NS is very noticeable.  If I use font-size: small, the text
> looks normal in NS, but large in IE.  If I move to font-size: x-small,
> thinks look fine in IE, but eensy in NS.  What's a fella to do?

hi chris

visit http://richinstyle.com and find out exactly which versions of which
browsers will barf on relative font sizes

have you taken a look at your site if you don't touch font size at all?

from zeldman --

    "Use nothing. Do not specify font sizes at all, and let
    the browser's stylistic defaults and the visitor's preferences
    take care of the relative size relationships. This approach
    has been so well explained in The DAO of Web Design,
    that we won't bother to summarize it here; instead, we'll
    merely remind you of the link: www.alistapart.com/stories/dao/"

rudy.ca