[thelist] PHP HTML library

Bob Forgey rforgey at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 13 22:20:11 CDT 2001

    Tobyn> I was wondering if there's a good PHP library to abstract HTML into PHP
    Tobyn> objects. I'm tired of using my simple macro functions to generate code.

    Tobyn> I'd heard about something of the nature of what I'm looking for, but I'm
    Tobyn> having trouble finding one now that I need it. The ideal solution would be
    Tobyn> something like the following:

    Tobyn> $page = new CHtmlPage;
    Tobyn> $page->style("norm");
    Tobyn> $page->show();

    Tobyn> Obviously a production library would be much more complicated than this, but
    Tobyn> I'm tired of writing HTML code with print statements or a file full of
    Tobyn> simple macro functions when I have a powerful language at my disposal that
    Tobyn> could make my life easier, my code less buggy, and everything a WHOLE lot
    Tobyn> more readable.

    Tobyn> If one doesn't exist, I'm going to write one. Considering my laziness, it'd
    Tobyn> be nice if one were already out there. If someone's started on one, I'd be
    Tobyn> happy to finish it. Something like this would be invaluable in my work.

Tobyn,

You may want to check out phplib (http://phplib.netuse.de). It has
some powerful class support for templates, forms, tables, and DB
access. Not quite what you're looking for above, but it makes a good
base for it. It's very handy, although v7.2b needs a patch for
templating to work. I see 7.2c is out, but I could probably dig the
patch to 7.2b if you need it.

Bob