[thelist] [fwd] How do I get a search engine to add me to the search?

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Sun Apr 15 20:44:38 CDT 2001

deke wrote:

>> YMMV warnings but in my experience the vast majority of the search engine
>> referrals I get on my sites are from Yahoo.

> Obvious, it depends on how each of the search engines rank you
> for the various keywords people are thinking of when they try to find
> you.

Our stats show multiple query referrals and the top referring site (or in
the top three) is always Yahoo. Regardless of keyword search.

As I said YMMV

Regarding DMOZ, my experience with getting entries in the catalogue changed
has been less than satisfactory. So there are any number of sites that have
a listing my one of my sites that is dramatically out of date. I've never
been able to get it changed. Nor have I ever received any sort of response
regarding the request.

That was some time ago (I long since gave up trying) so maybe things have
changed. I know that I also volunteered at one time to help edit a category.
Again no response.

Perhaps the issue was the editor in charge of that section?

Again YMMV

--

An incompetent attorney can delay a trial for months or years. A
competent attorney can delay one even longer.

Evelle J. Younger

email: zac at pixelgeek.com
web: http://www.pixelgeek.com/