[thelist] Apache: index.cfm as directory default?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Mon Apr 16 02:46:33 CDT 2001

Hailing all apache gurus.

A coupl'a questions

I'm running apache on RHLinux 7, and I've noticed two things:

a) The URL's appear to be case sensitive (they aren't on NT)
b) In the absence of an index.html page, apache seems to serve up the
directly listing as opposed to choosing index.cfm. I've altered one
file called /conf/httpsd.conf.def and changed the line from
DirectoryIndex index.html to add [space]index.cfm but no go.

Suggestions?

(And to think that a year ago I was awed by the fact that I could
cfinclude a query in ColdFusion. The learning curve never ceases,
does it?)
--

"Fate is just the weight of circumstances."

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com