[thelist] Weird line spacing in IE

James Aylard evolt at equilon-mrc.com
Mon Apr 16 13:58:50 CDT 2001

Ryan,

> I've noticed in the IE browser, an entire paragraph or page of text will
> appear fine...except for the very last line.  The last line has extra
space
> (leading) above.

    This typically appears when text is contained within an inline element
(usually font or span elements) and whitespace is left between the closing
inline tag and the closing tag of the containing block element (such as a
div, or more often a td). Then, the line-height of the block element is
applied to the last line of text. For example:

within this block</font> </td>

    In some browsers, simply placing a line-break between the closing inline
tag and the closing block-level tag will cause the problem.
    The solution is to place the closing block-level tag immediately after
the closing inline-level tag.

James Aylard