[thelist] Cold Fusion question: URL with ? to search engine friendly URL

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser at skdesigns.com
Mon Apr 16 20:19:01 CDT 2001

I'm not a Cold Fusion user, but I'm researching how to convert dynamic URLs
with the ? in them to a search engine friendly URL for a tutorial I wrote
that's published online (got a dead link report) about designing search
engine friendly sites. (By the way, I have URLs for ASP and others, too --
just the Cold Fusion link died.)

I had a good source at Allaire's Cold Fusion forums, but the URL is now
gone. So I'm looking for a replacement.

In my search I found this newer note at Allaire's forums, and I wonder if
those of you who know Cold Fusion have tried these suggestions copy/pasted
below or if you have a good recommendation on how to convert the ? in the
URLs to a search engine friendly URL with Cold Fusion. It's critical, of
course, that I provide reliable information in the tutorial.

Here's the new thread at Allaire's forums
with the custom tag recommendation:

Tuesday, March 20, 2001 3:45 AM

'CF_FORMURL2ATTRIBUTES' is a tried and tested custom tag that provides,
amongst other things, the ability to use '/' delimited variables in your
URLs (rather than ?/& delimited). You can download it for free from:

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated, and if you have a better alternative
I'll also be happy to credit you with that including a link to your site,
etc. and be forever grateful.

Thank you!

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.
SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser at skdesigns.com