[thelist] cd autorun

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 23:06:46 CDT 2001

> From: "Beldamar" <brad at beldamar.com>
[...]
> This is targeted to "ONLY" Windows 9x machines.
> Also these people have never even heard of Netscape. So IE is the only
> browser that I am concerned with.

well, that makes it much easier... i typed 'autorun' into the
lists.evolt.org search and got this as the first hit:

http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20010122/148704.html

see if it helps... if not, try an evolt.org google search, which means,
stuff this into the google search box: 'autorun site:evolt.org'

that will search only the evolt sites...

pulls up a link to http://www.avdf.com/oct98/art_ot005.html as
well...

don't search engines rock?

> One thing I didn't consider though is some of them may be using AOL.
> Would I need to specify something to avoid AOL from opening, dialing,
> etc.. or will it default to IE. (there is no online content or links
> everything is run from the cd)

er... looks like you'd better test that one... wouldn't that suck...