[thelist] ASP IIS Memory Leakage

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Tue Apr 17 10:56:43 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Ewing" <bewi at haestad.com>
> We suspect the problem is caused by sloppy ADO database connection closing
> but we cannot prove it.
>
> We are going through the code to make sure the connections are closed but
> was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem before or has an
> idea of what could cause it?

No solution for you, but I'm facing the same problem.
Are you using SQL or Access as your database?
I'm using Access, and the site will slowly go to a crawl, on IIS 4, not 5,
till all scripts will timeout. I'm also going through my code (written 3
years ago. gasp!!! The horror!)
I've also switched from using ODBC to a FILEDSN which did seem to help, but
created other problems.

Nic
tearing her hair out